Crystal Rig IV
The proposed development is located in the Lammermuir Hills, adjacent to the south of the existing Crystal Rig Wind Farm. All of the proposed turbines are situated within the Scottish Borders Council jurisdiction and access to the Proposed Development will utilise the existing access through the north, which is in East Lothian Council’s area. The existing infrastructure and access tracks will be utilised as far as possible.
The proposed development will comprise:
- Four at up to 149.9 m tip height.
- Three at up to 174.5 m tip height.
- Four at up to 200 m tip height.
Associated infrastructure includes:
- External transformers;
- Crane pads;
- Site tracks;
- Underground electricity cables;
- Up to six borrow pits;
- Forestry Felling;
- Temporary construction and storage compounds; and
- Ancillary development.
The grid connection will be made at the existing substation on the site of Crystal Rig Wind Farm. It connects to the overhead 400 kV power line that travels through the Crystal Rig Wind Farm. It is the transmission line that provides the grid connection for the existing Crystal Rig Wind Farm and has available capacity secured for the proposed development.
Notice of submission of the application can be viewed here:
- Notice of submission of the application
The documents that accompany the application include:
- Volume 1 Environmental Impact Assessment Report Chapters
- Volume 2 Non-Technical Summary
- Volume 3a Environmental Impact Assessment Report Figures (for Chapters 1, 4-7, 9-14)
- Volume 3b Environmental Impact Assessment Report Figures (8.1-8.16v)
- Volume 3c Environmental Impact Assessment Report Figures (8.17a-8.17t)
- Volume 4 Technical Appendices
- Planning Design and Access Statement
- Pre-Application Consultation Report