The Construction team has an active role in supporting the process leading up to a received asset development consent. The major milestones that Construction is involved in prior to initiation of pre-construction activities are:
- Development of a construction philosophy based on selected equipment
- Securement of land agreements and permits for the construction and operation phase
- Securement of grid access
- The confirmation of a sound commercial model including all CAPEX and OPEX
Once the above activities are completed, the realisation of the renewable energy production units can start.
Fred. Olsen Renewables has extensive in-house project execution expertise and has a long track record of successful construction projects. Example of major activities undertaken include:
- Grid access
- Roadworks/mooring systems
- Underground/subsea cabling,
- Foundation construction
- Installation of turbines or other energy-producing assets
All wind energy projects to date have been delivered on time and on budget and we have therefore developed a good reputation among project stakeholders, the supply chain and partners.