Rothes III Wind Farm
The proposed development in the vicinity of the hill of Carn na Calliche, approximately 4 km west of Rothes village in Moray. It is located to the east of the existing Rothes I and II Wind Farms.
The existing infrastructure and access tracks will be utilised as far as possible.
The proposed development will comprise:
- 3 up to 149.9 m in height;
- 8 up to 200 m in height;
- 18 up to 225 m in height.
Associated infrastructure/works will include:
- Site tracks;
- Temporary construction and storage compounds;
- Underground electricity cables;
- External transformer housing;
- Anemometry mast;
- Crane pads
- Borrow pits
- 2 substations/control buildings;
- Up to 6 borrow pits;
- Forest felling and restocking;
- Water crossings and drainage attenuation measures;
- Health and safety signage.
There will be electricity connections between the onsite substation control buildings (1 and 2) and the SSE grid connection point to the north (1) and Blackhillock (or Aberlour) (2) to the east subject to confirmation and approval of exact specification and cable route from SSE as the grid operator. Onsite, electricity cables will be laid alongside the access tracks.
Notice of Submission of the Additional Information can be viewed here:
The documents that comprise the Additional Information Report are as follows:
- Volume 1 AI Non-Technical Summary
- Volume 2 AI Environmental Impact Assessment (text and figures)
- Volume 3a AI Chapter 8 figures and visualisations
- Volume 3b AI Chapter 8 and AI Chapter 9 figures and visualisations
- Volume 4 AI Technical Appendices
- Planning, Design & Access Statement Update
Notice of submission of the application can be viewed here:
The documents that comprise the Environmental Impact Assessment Report are as follows:
- Volume 1 Non-Technical Summary
- Volume 2 Environmental Impact Assessment Report (text and figures)
- Volume 3a Chapter 8 figures and visualisations
- Volume 3b Chapter 8 and Chapter 9 figures and visualisations
- Volume 4 Technical Appendices
- Planning Design and Access Statement
- Pre-Application Consultation Report
The existing Rothes III Wind Farm has established a community benefit fund as part of its ongoing commitments to communities in the vicinity of the wind farm. The purpose of the fund is to enable communities to carry out improvements to their local area in ways which benefit the local environment, local amenities or tourism.
Whilst we build and operate wind farms we also focus on reducing the impact on local communities and the area’s ecology. Each year the wind farm allocates an amount of money to the community councils, which administers its disbursement to the community.
Consideration will be given to all types of project which benefit the local community and permission to proceed will be granted for ideas which successfully fulfil the aims of the scheme. Applications will be dealt with on receipt of the application form that is available from your local Community Council.