Status: In consent
Type of turbines: 10
Location: Hills of Turf Hill, The Builg and Mid Shanks, near Fetteresso Forest in Aberdeenshire
Map Coordinates: : 56°57'00.0"N 2°28'00.0"W
The site is contained within Fetteresso Forest in Aberdeenshire.
- The proposed development is summarised as follows:
- Up to 10 wind turbines:
- 2 at 200 m to tip height
- 2 at 180 m to tip height
- 6 at 149.9 m to tip height
- Turbine foundations;
- External transformer housing;
- Crane pads;
- Access tracks;
- Underground electricity cables between the turbines and the onsite substations;
- Anemometry mast;
- Temporary borrow pits; and
- Temporary construction and storage compounds and ancillary infrastructure.
- Forest Felling and replanting;
- Waste water and surface water drainage;
The proposed development will also make use of some of the existing access tracks and the operational building location that is already present at Mid Hill Wind Farm, thus extending the life of these elements.
During operation, Fetteresso Wind Farm would be operated as part of the Mid Hill Wind Farm development. The proposed lifespan of the project is estimated to be 35 years or more, after this time the project will then enter the phase of decommissioning.
Notice of Submission of the Additional Information can be viewed here:
• Notice of submission of additional information
The documents that comprise the Additional Information Report are as follows:
• Volume 1 AI Non-Technical Summary
• Volume 2 AI Environmental Impact Assessment (text and figures)
• Volume 3a AI Chapter 4 figures and visualisations
• Volume 3b AI Chapter 4 and AI Chapter 5 figures and visualisations
• Planning statement
Notice of submission of the application can be viewed here:
• Notice of submission of the application
The documents that comprise the Environmental Impact Assessment Report are as follows:
• Volume 1 Non-Technical Summary
• Volume 2 Environmental Impact Assessment Report (text and figures)
• Volume 3a Chapter 8 figures and visualisations
• Volume 3b Chapter 8 and Chapter 9 figures and visualisations
• Volume 4 Technical Appendices
• Planning Design and Access Statement
• Pre-Application Consultation Report
Community benefit funds form part of our ongoing commitments to communities in the vicinity of our developments. If Fetteresso Wind Farm is successful in the planning process a community benefit fund for Fetteresso Wind Farm, providing the Scottish Governments recommended £5,000 per MW of installed capacity will be established. This means, should the windfarm become operational, the fund could provide up to £210,000 a year in benefits for communities in Aberdeenshire.
There is a community ownership opportunity associated with the proposed Fetteresso Wind Farm. Initial information has been disseminated and further details will be provided as the development progresses.